I figured it was my turn to jump into this thankful train that everyone seems to be jumping on these days, especially after just celebrating thanksgiving with my family.
Some days it’s really hard to find things to be thankful for especially when you have had so much grief or disappointment in your life. But I have decided for myself that we all have something we can be thankful for. There still may be those struggles, but outside of that I have things and I’m sure you have things that you can be thankful for.
So here’s this years list in my life.
- My husband – We’ve been together for 15 years now (some days I can’t believe we’ve been together that long, it seems like such a lifetime!) We’ve been through a lot together: financial strain, family deaths on both sides of our family, furbabies surgery, infertility and so much more. And through all of that, he has been my rock, and I hope he can say the same thing about me. Let me tell you, infertility adds a whole ‘nother level of challenges to marriage – and he’s been so patient and understanding through it all. And he’s one of the most supportive people in my world. I am so incredibly grateful for his role in my life and for God for saving him for me.
- My family – I have amazing parents, sisters and beautiful nieces and nephews. I’m thankful for parents who raised me up in following the Lord. Parents who wanted to make sure that I had the best chance at life. Parents who love me with everything in them. I’m amazed at both of my sisters. They’re amazing people and even better mothers! It’s been such a treat to see them grow into the women they’ve become. And oh my goodness, how I love all of my beautiful nieces and nephews. They bring so much joy to my life … at a time where having our own kids is a struggle … it brings so much joy to my heart to get to be a part of these beautiful little peoples lives.
- My furbabies – Man, how I love my furbabies! Jackson, Reno and Oliver simply bring me so much joy. These wonderful babies have brought so much happiness during a time where having no babies is a very hard road. They truly are my children in every ounce of the meaning. I am so beyond grateful that God spared my Jackson’s life when he had to have two surgeries this year. He really is very lucky to be alive.
- My friends – I have some amazing friends in my life. Some who have been there for many years through so many things in my life. Some who understand the world of infertility and all that it entails. Some who are married and know the hardships of marriage. Some who are single, that while they’re praying for my children to come to this world they know I’m praying for their future husband to come into the fold. Some that are local and I can see whenever I want, and some in other states that I know I can reach out to at any point. And everyone one of these friends are friends that I know are my prayer partners for life! Kelly, Jeannelle, Leah, Raegan, Patti & Lisa – I value you your role in my life so much! Thanks for always being there for me and for always supporting me! I love each of you dearly!
- Infertility – Say what?!?!? Did you read that right? Yes, you did. I am thankful for infertility’s role in my life. Am I glad that I haven’t been able to conceive yet? No. Do I want kids like yesterday? Yes. So what then makes me thankful for infertility? Because without it, I wouldn’t have the relationship with the Lord that I have right now. Because without it, I wouldn’t have some of the best friendships and sister relationships that I have right now. And without it Embrace Bravery would not be born. So yes, I’m thankful for it.
- Embrace Bravery – I’m thankful for God entrusting me with this calling to lead women and support women on this journey of infertility. I’m thankful to get to meet each and every woman he puts in my path. And I’m thankful to do something I love – to support women and to help them not feel alone while on this very difficult journey. I’m just so blessed by everyone of you.
I think that pretty much sums it up for me. I’m so beyond blessed by each and every one of these different aspects in my life.
“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 1:3-6